Fire Alarm Malfunction Occurs During Testing

Today, Wednesday, April 22 a fire alarm went off during STAR testing. According to Assistant Principal Ralph Cave, the alarm was triggered because a “bad smoke detector went off.”
The defective device has now been replaced.
The alarm sounded at the beginning of the second session of STAR testing. Upon hearing the alarm, Assistant Principal Cristy Dawson broadcast an announcement alerting classes to report to the back field.
Several students were irritated by the interruption of testing.
”It was annoying,” junior Taylor Smith said. “My feet got wet [walking onto the field], and it was overall a waste of time.”