December 18, 2020
Coffee beans & coffee frother (for the caffeine addicts)
- For all of the coffee lovers (or caffeine addicts) who spend all your money on take-out coffee and want a more sustainable and cheap option, invest in a coffee machine, milk frother and buy some beans from your favorite coffee shop. Philz Coffee, Chamberlain Coffee, Starbucks, Peet’s and BlueBottle, all have unique blends that you can make at home. You can add a pack of syrups (hazelnut, vanilla, caramel, lavender, honey, etc) to customize your coffee flavor just like it’s made in the coffeeshops!
Reusable straws & tumblers
- Reusable straws and tumblers are great ways to sustainably drink from and carry liquids! #Save the turtles!!! Be green, not mean!!!
- Plant Based Cookbook: How to Be Vegan and Keep Your Friends (find this locally at Cost Plus World Market), or Los Altos High School Student Margaret Capetz’s free Carbon Conscious Cookbook
- Beginner/Student Cookbook: Take One Tin, The Really Hungry Student Cookbook: How to eat well on a budget (Therapy Store in Mountain View and Amazon)
- Advanced Cookbook: Ottolenghi, Jaime Oliver